Project scope: Civil, Mechanical & Electrical Erection Works for the Process Area Hot Section.
The Plant consists of a 1,300 KMTA ethylene plant (based on 8,000 hours yearly operation), requiring support facilities including, spent caustic oxidation unit, co-product handling facilities, nitrogen system, buildings, pipelines, and all other associated services.
The prime function of the Plant is to deliver polymer grade ethylene to derivative plants located in Mesaieed Industrial City (MIC), in the south of Qatar. The general construction of units In-Side Battery Limits (ISBL) and Out-Side Battery Limits (OSBL) is divided into three different work packages:
- SP 1: ISBL area that includes the hot section of the plant (furnace and boiler areas included),
- SP 2: ISBL area that includes the cold section of the plant,
- SP 3: the overall OSBL area, including exporting lines up to the jetty.
Major Scope and Quantities Include:
- 1,500 T of Steel Structure
- 262,000 Inch Dia (equivalent to 3,150T) of Piping
- 550 T of Pipe Supports
- 9 Large Cracking Furnace assembly erection. Scope includes refractory works and stack / ducts installation (1,575T each)
- 2,250 T of Static & Rotating Equipment
- Electrical & Instrumentation Works (1,000 KM of cables and cable trays, 25,000 instruments etc.)
- Civil Works