Project scope: Mechanical Construction Works in Package 1 consisting of PP1, PP2 and Common Areas.
The objective of the Borouge 2 project was to triple the polyolefins manufacturing capacity of the Ruwais plant. Approximately US$ 5 billion was invested to enable Borouge to produce a total of 2 million tonnes of Borstar® polyolefins per year. The Borouge 2 project includes an additional ethane cracker, a third polyethylene unit, an olefins conversion unit (OCU) for converting ethylene to propylene, and two new polypropylene units, spearheading the company’s entrance into polypropylene production.
Major Scope and Quantities Include:
- 6,955 T of Steel Structure
- 405,011 Inch Dia of Piping
- 575 T of Pipe Supports
- Static & Machinery Equipment erection
- Heavy Equipment erection, mainly:
- 2 No 1st Gas Phase Reactors (304T each)
- 2nd & 3rd Gas Phase Reactors (190T each)
- 2 Loop Reactors (395T each)
- 2 No Dump Tanks (138T each)